You have the ability to do great things and to find the greatness that you’ve had in you all along. I want to help you to find it (or develop it further), and harness it to accomplish your goals.
In order to find that greatness, and in order to use it to propel you forward into the life that you would like, the following is one of the key ingredients to success. I will aim to share more with you over time.
One of my key learnings being an Adult educator is bite-size learning and apply one learning at a time.
How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time, starting with the juiciest part first and in this case, our ability to develop our problem-solving capabilities is where I recommend starting first!
How do you rate your ability to solve problems & overcome obstacles?
Embrace your ability to overcome problems, obstacles and barriers
See problems as a great and exciting challenge to overcome. In life, no matter who you are, everyone has problems whether they are big or small. It is our attitude we choose on how to deal & confront problems, obstacles, barriers and frustrations that can differentiate us from our competition and can sometimes determine our higher earning potential.
Everyone has the ability to learn how to effectively deal & manage problems.
Below are some questions to ask yourself as you work through your problems and obstacles.
Issue / Problem
- In one sentence, can you state the biggest issue/problem?
- How long have you been thinking about this?
- When did you 1st notice, this was a problem?
- Have there been times in the past where you have faced this problem before? If yes, how did you go about solving it (Episodic memories)? Any other considerations i.e. environment differences?
Exceptions / Unique Outcomes
- What have you already tried?
- Have there been times in the past where you have faced this problem before?
- Are there any useful insights or learning that could be helpful in this situation?
Outcome / Future State
- In one sentence, tell me what your goal is?
- How close are you to a solution?
- If you stop for a moment & think more deeply do you know what you need to do? Or who do you know that has conquered a similar problem/ challenge or barrier?
- What is the most outrageous thing you could do in this situation?
- What might happen if things don’t change?
- If in X time (you determine appropriate time frame) this issue hasn’t been resolved what do you think this might me for you? Team? Organisation?